Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 28 - Special Moments

Ok, I am catching up on entering my postings online. I had several busy days and had to resort to paper journaling for several days so I will start with Sunday.

There is something special about Grandparents. We were blessed today with a meal that was prepared by Mike's Grams. She wanted to cook a good Greek dish for the family, so she cooked a lamb stew. We picked Grams up to take her to Folsom and had to make sure and talk to Timothy prior to Grams getting into the car.

You see, Timmy has had a fascination with old people and wanting them to tell him when they were planning on going to Heaven. I get horrified every time I know we are picking her up because I can imagine that is the last topic she wants to discuss with a 5 year old. So I made sure he knew there would be a nap waiting for him at Grammy's if he decided to discuss dying, Heaven, being old, etc. Upon entering the car, the first words out of his mouth were, "Grams, I need to ask you a question". I turned my head back quickly to shoot him the DO-IT-AND-DIE look. He took the high road and asked, "How is your day?"

Whew! Dodged that one... lol. The meal was wonderful and the company exceptional. I always love getting together with family and spending some quality time with each other. As we were loading back into the car, I reminded Timothy about the forbidden topics and he was okay with that. In the car, Timothy decided to ask Grams if she had ever played a Nintendo DS before. Of course she said no, so Timmy took this opportunity to give Grams the full blown DS tutorial.

It was the cutest thing to see Grams getting a lesson in how to play a hand held video game from a 5 year old. He was a great teacher and very patient with Grams. Once he felt she was familiar enough with the game (enough to at least move Mario and jump, he struck a deal with her that when he died it would be her turn and vice versa. This went on until we were almost to Grams' stop when Timothy let one slip out. He said, "Whew, I sure am glad that I am not old and unable to learn to play this game." I made him apologize for being rude and Grams was laughing. I told her she could now brag to all her friends that she knows how to play Nintendo DS.

Now I just need to get Timothy to understand that it is rude to tell people they are old. I guess i better finish my homework so I can drive to San Jose tonight.

God Bless ~~ Trina

No comments: