Thursday, April 15, 2010

Melting Heart

Good evening blogging world. I had to work from the office today, so I have been prepping Timothy that he was going to be at school for the whole day today, which is not too tragic on Thursdays because instead of napping, they get to watch a movie.

When I work from the office, it can be as late as 5:30pm before I can pick him up. Today, I left the office, stopped by the bank ATM and went to the school. I was there at 4:45pm and walked to his classroom and was old he was outside playing. It was a beautiful day and I was happy he was taking advantage of being in the sunshine. I went out to get him and could not see him anywhere, but the teachers called for him and I finally caught sight of him walking toward me.

Bless his little heart-- I had to call him so he would see me, as he was looking around all lost and when he finally made it over to me, he was crying. I picked him up (which is pretty hard to do these days) and asked him why he was crying and if he was okay and all he could muster was that I left him there too long. I reminded him of our conversations about being there all day and he said he knew he was going to be there longer, but thought I needed to pick him up after the movie. It melted my heart that he was that emotional about being there that long.

When we were on our way home I asked him if he was having fun on the playground and you know what that stinker said to me?? I was having fun until you made me leave early... I cannot win... lol

Have a great evening. I am going to get to be early. ~~ Trina

No comments: